Feb 18, 2014

My Royal Family

 I promise I'm not obsessed with the royal family, but it's hard to deny I'm practically related. Out of respect for Aunt Joy I won't publicly share how we are (err, may be) direct descendants of the British Royal Family, so let's just say there is a high possibility. To know I have some direct royal lineage is cool enough. Add to that the fact that some refer to me as Texas Royalty (you know you're jealous) and I'm practically a queen. Which makes my boys princes right?

We already have Prince William, born shortly before the royal wedding which brought a lot of publicity to his name. So now it's only fitting that we'd dub another Wallis a prince don't you think?

Let me introduce to you - a few months in advance - Prince Charles Archer Wallis

That's right folks, our unnamed baby now has a name! I was so worried We'd have to read the doctor's name tag at the hospital to frantically pick a name but we finally decided on one.

William hadn't quite let go of Archie. Well, he hadn't let go at all actually. And we were at a stand still on a few names which had pros and cons. Bottom line Austin and I couldn't agree, and William was absolutely certain it was Archie. This was a problem. 

We had already put Charles on the table as it is Austin's middle name and we both liked it, but we weren't sure. Then a few things happened. First a coworker made a joke that we could have two princes. The joke was funny, but more than that I liked that the random suggestion was one we had already been debating and she had no idea. Then one day we were talking on the phone to oh gosh and William called the baby Archie. Oh gosh said 'what about Charles? Or Charlie?' I let William react and at first he wasn't sold, but later that night he said 'let's read books in Charles Archie's room'. I texted Brian to ask where he got Charles and he said 'I don't know, just kind of liked it. And isn't it Austin's middle name anyway?' I explained that it is, and it was currently one of our front runners.

We hadn't sealed it off as a done deal but for the next couple of weeks William would occasionally just call the baby Charles or Charles Archie. We were both growing more and more fond of it, and also realized the longer it went the harder it'd be to change William's mind. So, when Austin was in Texas I tried to sell our other top 2 names to William and he wasn't having any of it. He just kept saying 'no he's Charles'. So I said 'ok how about Charles Archer?' He got VERY excited and kept repeating 'my baby brothers name is Charles archer!'

So, we made a video and sent it to Austin with a caption that read 'I think we have a name' he replied 'I love it!' And that was that.

William is SO excited for Charles to get here, and so excited about his name. He got some practice this weekend and if you ask me, he looks like he's in heaven.

P.s. If we have a third boy I promise his name won't be Harry.

No comments:

Post a Comment