Sep 11, 2017

On The Road Again

The fog of having back to back babies started lifting somewhere around Loretta's second birthday, and this summer I actually spent some time enjoying rediscovering things I'm interested in. I started doodling with hand lettering and making signs with watercolors, I started looking at patterns for a quilt to make for Charles (finally), and I even got out my flute and joined a symphony (more on that to come for sure). I was really starting to do more than just survive the days.

It would only make sense that Big Army would choose that moment to reach down and stir things up. We found out at the end of the summer that we will be moving sooner than originally assumed! There are never promises or guarantees, we just always assumed we'd be here 3 years. To me, that meant it'd line up perfectly with the end of second grade and we'd pack up and move out sometime around June 2018. But, that's what I get for assuming or even just hoping for a seamless transition :) Instead, we'll be moving in December! Less than 100 days from now! 13 more weekends! Who's counting?

The exciting part, for us, is that we are going to Fort Gordon, GA which is 2 hours from some of Austin's extended family and 2 hours from my brother and his family. Icing on the cake - my brother and his wife are expecting a baby boy right around the time we should arrive! Baaaaaaaaaaby! We'll also be reasonably close to my family in Illinois and Austin's parents in Florida. We are ecstatic to be so close to family. Location, location, location.

In rediscovering my old interests, I had been looking for a segue back into the blog world and I think I may have found it. I should have PLENTY of material to get the creative writing juices flowing over the next few months and hopefully build some habits to get back into it. I'm hoping I can document some of the insanely hilarious and crazy things the kids do for future memory's sake. If nothing else, I'll keep the move documented and organized in my Moving Monday posts. I'm pretty sure I did the same back in 2012 and intended to in 2015 though I probably fell short. So, stay tuned - or don't. I don't expect this will be the most riveting thing you'll read, but hey - everyone needs something to do while they sit in line at the pharmacy, right?

Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment