Aug 4, 2014

What's he up to?

So I haven't written much about Charles. Well, I haven't written much at all in my defense but I think part of the reason he hasn't been my main subject much is because I'm with him all day so I forget that not everyone sees and knows every detail. But today he is starting his transitionary (ok MY transitionary) period into day care which has me begging the question: what's he up to???

Is he smiling? Crying? Sleeping? Eating? Cuddling?

Most likely cuddling.

He is SUCH a cuddle monster. He'll cuddle with anyone and everyone but I'm
Not afraid to boast that mommy is his favorite person. At this age William didn't have a favorite. Difference in breast feeding or difference in child I'm not sure. But I'm definitely his biggest love.

He's smiling and cooing a lot. We love to have little conversations. He'll talk back with William too which is just precious. Warms a mama's heart. 

We struggled a lot with getting him to sleep from about 4-6 weeks. At 6 weeks we caved and let him sleep on his stomach some. We were fine with it knowing that it used to always be tummy to sleep, but we also knew day care wouldn't do it so we kept trying to work in some back sleeping for naps. What finally helped was when he started to love being swaddled (thanks to my husband for never giving up on trying like me!) and when he finally accepted a pacifier as comfort. Totally different baby! Sleeps better and is much happier when awake. Amazing!

Our evening ritual has merged almost seamlessly with William's which is a huge answered prayer because William is SO routine driven. I was terrified to have to alter it! They take bath together around 7:15 then Charles gets out and William gets more water and more play time. We read books all together around 7:35 it so while I feed Charles, then both boys are in bed generally by 8:00. A few nights who I had them down by 7:30 and I thought I'd struck gold! (Yay! 30 extra dish washing, laundry folding minutes!!!) 

Charles usually sleeps until at least 4:00 and most days until 6:00!!! It's such a huge blessing going back to work that way. I just need to get myself to bed before 11:00 and I'll be good :)

A few other Charles tidbits:
-He loves stuff hanging on walls(especially the metal stars on our bedroom wall and the paper globes hanging in his room)
-he is finally enjoying his swing for about 10 minutes which is the perfect amount of time for me to make big brother's breakfast
-there's a special sound dada makes which always gets the biggest grins
-his favorite pacifier (no joke) has a mustache on it 
And his aggie one is a very close second 
-he's long and lean just like big brother was, outgrowing clothes in length while they're still loose in the belly (why isn't that my problem??)
-his big brother adores him and nearly smothers him, but he actually doesn't mind it and seems pretty content with all of te hugs and kisses 
-he truly expanded my heart and I can't not wait to go back and pick him up (my goal for today is to make it until noon...we shall see!)

Here he is in the outfit big brother picked. (William loves all of his elephant clothes and always picks something with an elephant on it)

No comments:

Post a Comment