Apr 23, 2016

Dilemma

Whoever decided I should have 2 Summer babies and live on the equator (or what feels like it!) must have had it out for me. I wouldn't have this dilemma if I had 2 December babies, or if I lived in Antarctica. Just putting that out there.

But, here's my dilemma: I don't want to be a mom who misses out on half the fun with my kids because I'm too unhappy in my body to wear a swimsuit. The problem is, I'm too unhappy in my body to wear a swimsuit, and I have a beach birthday party coming up for, not one, but TWO of our babies. That's a lot of fun to be had.

If 'beach birthday bash' meant hanging out on the beaches of Monterey I could get by in a cute flowing skirt with a shirt that covers my upper arms, jewelry and accessories to draw your eyes exactly where I want them, and my hair could be down and styled beautifully. (Or as beautifully as I know how) 

But. Beach birthday bash means Galveston. It means hot. It means humid. It means I won't last 10 minutes before my hair is in a ponytail, and any added accessories just mean added sweat. There are people out there who manage to maintain cuteness in Galveston, and those are the people who seem to have been made for this climate. Me? I sweat like a... What's the end of that analogy? Like a man. Like a gorilla. Like someone who just ran a marathon in Florida. That's me. 

For all reasons other than myself, I am SO excited for the party. I love the beach. I love being outside. I'm excited for my kids to run in the sand, dabble in the water, build castles, get dirty, and I'm so excited to celebrate these 2 little loves. I don't want to miss it! But I don't want to think about swimsuits either.

So, for anyone who fits any of the above descriptions...anyone who knows the cutest bathing suits are made for size A chests...anyone who knows one year post partum is a crappy place to be...anyone who has ever felt better after buying a swimsuit than before...I need your help. Where do I shop? What do I look for? How do I embrace this season without cringing and crying and debating a food ban? 

Anyone at all...

2 comments:

  1. Read this before and I was just reminded of it.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/to-the-woman-afraid-to-put-on-a-bathing-suit-this-summer_b_7072532.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my swim dress! Feel so comfortable in it.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Suddenly-Slim-by-Catalina-Women-s-Slimming-Shirred-Halter-One-Piece-Swimdress/29507991?WMLSPARTNER=WLPA&SELECTEDSELLERID=0&adid=22222222228023343330&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40885133792&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78816168272&veh=sem

    ReplyDelete