Jan 5, 2012

Best bugs

I don't have much time here but I just have to share in my excitement about the reunion of my boys.

William did not go to the airport with me. Maybe he would have been ok - but I'm guessing he would have been cranky to be awake and then wouldn't have gone to sleep when we got home. So, this morning he got to be reunited with his dada.

It wasn't an instant connection. It took about 2 minutes. If that.

He tried playing shy at first, peering at dada over my shoulder while giggling with excitement. Austin tickled him and talked to him and tried to let him get comfortable in my arms before trying to hold him. But when I said 'do you want to go see dada?' he leaned out of my arms instantly and the grin on his face couldn't have been bigger.

When we were getting him dressed he climbed on Austin's lap to put his socks on and show dada his Percy train. Their mutual excitement was incredible. I tried getting a picture of their interaction and my flash had something blocking it so the picture isn't great, but their expressions are!



Then Austin said 'are we best buds william?' William said 'dada William best bugs'




Yup, best bugs.

- manda

1 comment:

  1. Annnnd I'm a crying mess. So so happy for you and your together-at-last family!! Sending lots of hugs, prayers, and well wishes your way. God is good!!

    ReplyDelete