Mar 2, 2010

American...What?

I'm a big American Idol fan. I've seen every season except 2008 - and overall have liked them all. I don't always like the winners but that's ok. This year though, the contestants just seem mediocre at best. Is it just me? None of them have blown me away and I don't think I'd buy any of their CDs. Its pretty disappointing - especially since I'm a TV junkie these days!

My mom left yesterday so its back to being me and William during the days now! We're having fun - so far today William has eaten, slept, and peed and I've worked out, done dishes, and watched TV. Oh - and ate a bagel. Glad I updated you on our day? We have a doctor appointment this afternoon - his one month check up! I know how seriously cliche this sounds - but I can't believe its already been a month. What I can't believe even MORE is that a lot of working moms would just have 2 more works with their baby before taking them to day care or grandparents or whatever day-time-care they had worked out. 2 weeks? WHOA! I can't imagine. My last 6 weeks will be unpaid, which won't be fun, but I am still just so glad that I decided to do that. William is still so tiny and fragile (not as fragile as I think he is though) so I can't imagine putting him in someone else's arms all day yet. 4 months is so much older than 1 month...

We took him to church for the first time on Sunday. He had eaten an hour before the service started and was fast asleep by the processional hymn, so I was sure he'd stay asleep until we got home. Nope! He woke up right after the gospel, before the sermon. And by woke up of course I mean crying. I'm sure it wasn't as loud as I felt like it was, and I'm sure I got out of the sanctuary faster than I thought I did - but it felt like it took forever to soothe him. He fell back asleep once we got out of the sanctuary, and I got the big "I told you so" from Austin about where we should have sat. Our church has 3 rows of seats outside the doors of the sanctuary (the doors are glass so you can see inside) and sometimes families with small children sit back there. My mom insisted no one was bothered, especially because there are so many families with small children in our church, but I was still uncomfortable. I guess once you have 3 rowdy kids running around like my brothers and I you just quit being embarrassed :)

Our pastor came by last night to meet William and discuss baptism with us. So now we just have a couple baptismal decisions to make and then we'll set a date! I wonder if William will poop all over the priest like I did???? Ah, one of the lovely stories I like for my mom to tell people about me. The other is about my birth - and she always insists that even though her description of me sounds hideous, I was beautiful. Well mom: today I found a picture of me from the hospital...beautiful was definitely not the word that came to mind. Don't worry, I made up for it a few months later :)

Well, just thought I'd give a quick update now that we're back to life on our own. Only for a little while - Brandon and Dana come in 8 days. YAY!!! William is so excited to meet his first of 3 uncles and his only aunt (for now). Then it's our trip to Dallas, then Addie comes up here, then we have 3 more weeks before work. Man time flies!

Better get going and eat lunch so we can make it to the doctor on time. Happy one month birthday William - mommy and daddy love you!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment