Nov 17, 2012

Love Train

One of my coworkers, Jessica, got married in September. I think I probably started working there right as she was finalizing her guest list, so as the day was approaching I never wondered if I'd be invited - we hardly knew each other! But about a month before the wedding she asked me if we'd like to go and asked for my address to send an invite. I was so excited! She said she had already sent invitations but would really like us to go. I think I've been clear about how much I love weddings, and about how much I missed having friends, so it meant a lot to be invited.

The wedding was beautiful. The central coast of California sure offers some of the most beautiful scenery! It was Austin's first time to meet my coworkers(besides Casey) so I was hoping they'd like each other - never know how that's going to go. But once the dance started I remembered how social Austin can be in new settings and realized I had nothing to worry about! Austin and Casey had a mutual unspoken agreement to start trends during the dance and they did not fail. Here we were, the couple who literally barely made the cut to be invited, starting the train at the reception. And people latched on! I was anxious that people would see a train of 'who's that guy with the unrecognizable girl behind him?' And just laugh...but no! Almost the entire crowd joined in and we had the most successful wedding reception train I've been a part of!

Wedding crashers turned train crafters. Nice work!

And if that wasn't enough, Jess came to work recently and told us that she got her wedding video back and who's in the center of it? Austin with his grocery store shopping dance and the love train. We're carved in their lives forever :)

2 comments:

  1. It's like that Gap commercial: people all over the world - join hands - start a love train - love train.

    Only the train wasn't led by love - it was led by Texans. WHOOP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Texans = love. as long as you don't cross us.

    ReplyDelete