Nov 26, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Surely I have shared my thoughts/feelings on new year's eve celebrations and resolutions - yes?  In short, I have somewhat of a cynical view and take on it.  I think it is somewhat silly to celebrate the "new year" in such a fashion yet not greet each new day the same way.  Thinking about it, it's kind of contradicting that I see it this way seeing as I find birthdays and anniversaries to be of the utmost importance - but, it is what it is.  I also think new year's resolutions are a bit off the mark. 

For instance, in 2013 I'd like to get back to blogging more.  But we still have 35 days in 2012.  So why should I waste 35 great days just for the sake of setting a 2013 goal?  No day should be wasted, and so I have decided to set a "November 26th Resolution": I will get back to blogging more.

I've hit what is known in the biz as writer's block.  What do I know about the biz?  Absolutely nothing.  But I imagine this is how they feel when they use that phrase.  I miss writing, and I think of writing, but I'm at a loss as to about what I should write.  I got to a point where my posts were all so meaningful that it's hard to go back to the light hearted, arguably meaningless posts.  I had a one year old seeing the world for the first time, I had a husband in Afghanistan, I had an unexpected sometimes-exciting, sometimes-dreaded move to California...I had a lot of deep stuff to share!  However, since we've been settled here I've felt a void where my heart-tugs used to be.  My life seems to have been in a much needed lull, a slower pace for a bit, yet it left me with few subjects to channel my writing toward.  But after introducing my blog to a new friend (and lifelong lost friend I've decided) I revisited some of my old posts and realized they weren't all long...they weren't all heart felt...they weren't all happy or sad or even funny...sometimes they were dumb and meaningless, but I enjoyed writing them and they filled the gaps in between the meaningful days.

So I will get back to writing.  Not in the new year though - I'll get back to it today.

Manda is back.

Any requests?

3 comments:

  1. I never, ever get tired of William stories! More please :)

    Also, it doesn't matter what you write about... I just like hearing what you're up to and feeling like we're catching up. And by catching up, I mean you doing a good job talking about what you're up to and me doing a terrible job of ever blogging ever, but being an awesome reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A William and Rooney post. Just sayin'. Plus with that one a picture paints a thousand adorable words. Writers block solved.

    ReplyDelete