Apr 25, 2013

Character Recap

Even though William doesn't have a definite favorite, his all-knowing mommy can tell you that he had very selective preference of characters and he had special love for some surprising characters.

Our first morning we had breakfast at Mickey's Surf's Up cafe. Character breakfasts are expensive and after I reserved 2 I started to think I was over doing it. But once I saw William's face the first time he saw them come out I knew we made a great choice. Pluto, daisy, Mickey, Minnie, and stitch were present at the breakfast and while I fully expected Mickey to be the front runner, it was Pluto and daisy who stole the show for him. He had a COMPLETE crush on daisy and was enamored with Pluto. I wish I had taken the pictures with my phone that morning, ill have to post them later - but his face when daisy came to hug him was like a boy with his first crush. It was amazing.

I was also glad we did the character breakfasts because I was surprised by how little interaction there was inside the park. Maybe I was expecting Mickey to accompany us on every ride? I don't know. We did see a lot and get autographs from plenty, but in my mind we were going to have a lot more one on one time :)

William was excited as expected at the presence of lightening McQueen (who William swore was actually lightening's girlfriend, not McQueen himself) and our beloved mater. But he seemed even more excited to see Red- the fire truck who plays a small role in cars.

Another surprising twist was his adoration for tinker bell and Ariel. We met 6 princesses and we only saw Tinkerbell on a float in the parade, but his preference was clear. He even turned 2 princesses away for pictures, then took one with jasmine clearly just to humor me. But he loooooooved Ariel and asked for her for days. The plus side: I got to watch The little mermaid monday night :)

Leading up to our trip his favorite movies (scratch that: his only movies) were Cars and Toy Story. Mickey Mouse clubhouse is always good too but I don't count that as a movie. Anyway, I always thought cars outranked Toy Story but I think that changed this weekend. Either that or it's now an even race. There are 2 pretty awesome interactive Toy Story rides at the park which helped fuel his love. For any toy story buffs, there is one game when you play buzz lightyear's helper and defeat zurg (his enemy), then a second where you ride through a carnival type scene and play various games like shooting arrows to pop virtual balloons, throwing pies at plates, etc. It's a 4D game and you play along with all the characters. It was probably my favorite ride, and when we left there William was even more obsessed with his new toy story toys.

He had a buzz lightyear figurine (which we sadly lost) that he showed to all the princesses and took on all our rides. Then when we lost that one his second favorite was zurg. He showed zurg to the toy story characters when we met them (just Buzz and Woody) and they played with him pretty well. William made the cutest shooting noise ("peoum peoum peoum") and buzz and woody pretended to be shot. Buzz asked to hold zurg and pretended to throw him over the bridge...luckily William didn't burst into tears :) he later recanted the story saying 'I shot buzz with zurg! Then buzz tried to throw zurg over the balcony but its ok mommy he was just playing with me'.

So...while I thought William's favorites would rank like this:
Mickey
Mater
Lightening
Goofy
Woody
Then a trail of others, I think it actually went

Pluto
Buzz
Red
Mater
Daisy
Ariel
And a trail of others

Maybe it was the shock factor? After all, he KNEW we'd see Mickey. No one ever told him to expect to hug a princess or play with buzz lightyear!


No comments:

Post a Comment