Apr 23, 2013

Wow

I'm not going to take the time to check, but I'm thinking this is the longest dry-spell in my little blog's history.  And while it seems like forever since I wrote, it also seems like just yesterday tax season was beginning - and it was just one head spin after another for 2.5 months.  

But I'm back.  That's what matters right?

I've been thinking for days about how to re-introduce myself to my blog, and also how to capture the essence of our family vacation...it's not an easy task that's for sure.

You may or may not remember, but when I was 6 months pregnant with William I went to a conference for work in Orlando.  I blogged about my excitement for weeks leading up to it and even though I was unable to ride any rides, I was alone, and my conference didn't end until 5pm I still spent $50 to go to Disneyworld for 3 hours.  Why?  Because Disney is my mecca.  

When I wrote about it almost 4 years ago I probably explained my personal history with Disney so I don't need to go TOO far into my history, the exciting part for me is that it's not just my distant memories of Disney on Ice with my dad and mom, but now it's my very fresh memories of introducing my son to the wonderful world of Disney.

It was fantastic.  It was amazing.  It was perfect.

The weather was absolutely wonderful (tipped over 90 once or twice which is too hot in my book but I kind of glazed over that part and pretended it was still 85).  Blue skies, bright sun, nice breeze - it was gorgeous.  Our hotel was right across the street so we could see the ferris wheel from our balcony and we only had to walk half of a mile to get to the entrance.

I'll write more in days to come about specific details and stories from the trip, but the best part for me was seeing it all through William's eyes.  His young perspective was incredible.  While Austin and I were looking at the maps of the two parks trying to plan out how we could tackle the course and see it all William was happily in Heaven with one little piece of the pie.  If Disneyland were no more than just Cars Land (or Toy Story pier, or toontown - you get the idea) he would have been just as pleased.  He didn't need it ALL for it to be magical - seeing one character was magic enough and the rest was just more and more icing. And who doesn't love icing?

His favorite
Whenever we ask him who his favorite character was, or what his favorite ride was, his answer changes - and I love that. I love that he has no real favorite because each time he thinks back he thinks of something different. We rode so many rides, saw so many characters and made so many wonderful memories. I've been wanting a special family vacation for a long time and I'm so thankful we got to go to Disneyland. And while he may not have a distinct favorite moment, I do:
Watching the World of Color light/water show on our first night.

Now we're back home but not quite life as usual - dada left this morning for Arizona. So while our Disney countdown is over now we have a new countdown. 55 days til we pick dada up at the airport! Good thing we love counting :)

More on Disney to come, I promise...


No comments:

Post a Comment