Oct 9, 2013

William Wednesday

The Voice has a song stuck in my head, and if you just change one word it applies to William's week:
This boy is on fire! (but you have to read fire like fye-ya)

He's been SO funny this week.  I am going to attempt to remember all of the little things, with a little help from my texts I sent to Austin.  I'll start with this morning and work my way backwards until I just can't remember anymore.

I usually go turn his light on in his room around 6:00 then give him 15-20 minutes to slowly wake up while I finish getting ready.  Then I go back in and get him out of bed.  Only today, when I went back in he wasn't there.  I went downstairs to see if I could find him and he was standing on the bench by the counter, where he sometimes eats breakfast.  I asked what he was doing and he said, "I am just waiting".  I told him we should go potty, but he informed me he already had.  So I asked, "Did you go in your pants or in the toilet?"  "Oh, in the garage"  WHAT?!  I asked what he meant by that and he said, "come see mommy.  i had to peepee mommy!"

I spent the next 15 minutes rotating between fighting my internal laughter, and being angry that he PEED IN THE GARAGE.  Boys will be boys I guess!

Austin has been on duty platoon this week which means we've seen very little of him.  It also means William and I get lots of special time just for us.  Monday when I picked him up he said he wanted to have dinner from a restaurant, so we went to Papa Chanos, his choice.  When we got there he saw a rather heavyset man and said, "mommy, who is that man with the big baby in his tummy?"..........how do you teach that??????????

Monday he was really on fire because I think I sent Austin about 10 different funny stories.  After dinner we went to Target to get a few things and I think I laughed the entire time.  He saw a young man who had a shaved head and everytime we passed him he said, "hey pop!"  The man looked nothing like pop (Herb is pop, fyi) but I guess his bald head had William convinced.  The guy eventually started responding by saying hi back!  One of the things we were at Target to do was to get Pop a birthday card.  William found one that sings, "do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight" and he started dancing in the cart.  He said we needed to buy it for pop, and then he said he needed a new speaker for his radio in his room (radio=my old iPod, which had a speaker that is now deceased) and when he got a new speaker he needed that song on it.  Um - inappropriate much???

I know there's more, but as it turns out they're all just little silly things that had me cracking up but are probably lost in translation here :)  

Other than that we've had a great week!  I am loving this almost-4 age.  He's so funny and smart, fun to hang out with - a real blast.  He has been talking a lot about all of the exciting things we have coming up.  We have a visitor coming in 2 weekends, another the very next weekend, and then just 3 more weeks until we get to go to "the fun place" (the hunting lease...where the peeing outside was born and apparently never died...)  The end of the year is near and, as always, it's going to shape up to be a busy one!  But I'm really excited to spend it with my big big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment