Apr 3, 2014

Little People - Timothy Thursday

Sometimes in the midst of raising a toddler I've wondered when you stop being a broken record about things like potty, picking noses, sitting at the table and eating, and so on. But then like most life transitions one day it seems you just wake up and think to yourself, 'wow I didn't say potty one time yesterday'.

That's where we are - I think we have been transitioning from having a toddler to actually having a little person. It's not pain free and it's not 100%, but our little boy is like a little person now. And it's tons of fun!

One of my favorite 'little person' things he does is say that he wants to go play ball. I'm not sure where he learned the phrase but he loves to go play ball outside. We have a little grassy area next to our house where we set up 'bases' (tennis balls) and he hits home runs and runs the bases. He's getting pretty good with hitting the ball - more so when Austin throws it than me. Apparently I'm not the best at throwing it in the same spot repeatedly :)

He's also hilarious. As always, and as most kids this age tend to be. The things he comes up with crack me up. On Sunday we were talking about upcoming holidays and when we talked about Father's Day in June he said 'that's when Charles archer will be born! God will PUUUUUSH him out of your mouth!'

Uhhhh yes. Yes something like that.

He's very excited to be a big brother but I think right now he's more excited for April 15th. He can't articulate that, but tax season has been especially hard for him and I know he's ready for our normal lives back.

You know, until a crying baby brings us a new normal :) guess one day he'll see the earth and the sun and all that are in between don't revolve around William Timothy Wallis. Who knew?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment