Apr 17, 2014

Timothy Thursday

We are just about out the door for our camping trip. William is SO excited to go sleep in the tent, have campfires and go fishing. He's been asking for months to go and when Austin bought him a tackle box last week his face beamed with pride.

So before we go I'll just give you a quick little story about the perspective of a child.

Tax season wasn't easy - no a tax season was hard for William. I'm not sure why this year was harder than other busy times, but I'd guess its a combination of feeding of my heightened stress and knowing a baby is coming. Either way, it was a struggle especially toward the end. Austin and I worked a lot with him and his teachers to make things as exciting and stable as possible and kept using our camping trip and other things as focal points for him to think of when he was struggling. I also told him that I'd take him to a special breakfast on Wednesday before school to celebrate the end of tax season.

In my mind, a special breakfast meant going to a sit down restaurant. Being served by a waitress. Unlimited (decaf) coffee, pancakes, eggs, maybe some sausage -- the works. 

But for William? A special breakfast just meant going to breakfast with mommy because clearly the location isn't what made it special. He picked einsteins.

So, before my relaxing day off, complete with shopping, a massage, lunch with Austin and a little crafting, William and I had breakfast at einsteins. 

He loved it, and that's what mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment