Nov 29, 2014

Boogey Woogey Boy

 We are 3 hours into a 6 (or 8) hour drive home from disneyland and I have so much to say I figured I may as well start now. What better use of a miserable 15mph commute through LA??

(Have I mentioned I hate big cities??)

We had such a great time on our trip! From the awesome condo we rented to time with family and everything in between it was such a great trip...even charles loved it!!!

Charles was SUCH a happy little trooper. Part of me felt bad that he was being carted along on William's vacation but he never knew it was catered to anyone but himself. He loved it! He especially loved his late night partying.

Wednesday night after we had gone back to our condo for some delicious gumbo courtesy of Oh Gosh we headed back to the park for World of Color, an LED water show. It is one of my favorite parts of disneyland and I was so excited to see the christmas rendition. Last time we went william fell asleep about 2 minutes into the show so mostly I was hoping he would make it through the entire thing this time. Little did I know it's be the highlight of Charles's week!

We had gotten him to sleep before we left the condo which was at his normal bedtime but he woke up somewhere along the way back to the park. At first I was trying everything in my bag of tricks to get him back to sleep but then I just accepted he was up for a little bit. We had to sit for half an hour waiting for the show to start and he didn't mind at all!
He just relaxed in oh gosh's lap the entire time until we stood up. Then he was GLUED to the show!
Brian held him the whole time and said he never cared which way he was facing as long as he could see part of the show.

After the show ended we got both boys buckled into the stroller and william fell asleep literally 20 seconds after he laid down.
Charles, however, wasn't done partying! He kicked his little frog-covered feet te entire way home, singing and talking away. He caught quite a few stares and smiles from people as we walked by - his little feet looked so cute kicking around!

Last night we rounded out our trip in the biggest crowd I think I've ever seen in my life. I got charles to sleep around 6:00 and thought he'd be out for awhile since he hadn't slept much that day, but he had other plans and woke up around 7:00. William wanted to ride one last ride with mommy at 7:30 before we called it a day so everyone else relaxed at an outdoor eating area listening to a Beatles cover band. Once again oh gosh held charles and once again he danced the night away with his feet, kicking and singing to the music. When William and I got back from our spaceship ride at 8:00 I was just sure if see charles either asleep in the stroller or crying in someone's arms. Nope! I just saw him boogeying away.

My little boogey woogey boy!
Stay tuned for more on the rest of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment