Dec 2, 2014

Best condo ever!

I'll back up a little bit. Back in the spring I pitched the thought to my mom that it may be fun to have a family vacation somewhere other than Houston, perhaps in Disneyland. Sure - it was self serving; I love disney and I was tired of spending more than $2,000 to fly to houston for the holidays. Last year we went for thanksgiving and because our flying days tend to be the peak days we spent $2,400. While we love visiting family and friends, we were growing weary of breaking the bank year after year to go the same place. We wanted a vacation! Plus, we knew the likelihood that this would be the last chance for a holiday at disneyland and it all seemed to make sense in my head. But, I didn't want to do it if it meant we wouldn't be with extended family so I threw out the idea and held my breath for the response.

Yaya loved the idea!

I had offered for us to pay for lodging as a thank-you for everyone traveling our direction and to somewhat even-out the expense. I hoped everyone could come but Brandon & family weren't going to be able to so it was just us, Yaya & papa, and oh gosh. So once our final number was settled I set out to find a place to stay. We could either rent 2 hotel rooms, at $300 per night minimum, or look for a house. So, www.vrbo.com became my friend and I searched and searched all of the houses in anaheim within walking distance to the parks.

I found the perfect condo! I don't know if EVERYONE was as in love as I was, but I couldn't have been more pleased. The condo was decorated adorably, the kitchen was as good as you could ask for in a rental, and the space was perfect. I wish I had taken more pictures but here's what I have:
Master bedroom headboard which got my brainstorming my next project on Austin's to do list.
Our super cool shower 
The 'kids' room (william on top bunk,
Oh gosh on bottom) The owner left little presents on the bed for william and charles and the room was STOCKED with kids toys. We didn't go to the parks on our first day but william was PLENTY entertained with the buckets of toys to make a mess with.
The second upstairs bathroom.

Downstairs had a cute half bath decorated with Ursula from little mermaid, a kitchen with anything you'd need to cook a meal, the cutest farm sink (again...got me dreaming of our next house...) and a pullout sofa for Yaya and papa. It wasn't huge but I never felt cramped and thought we had plenty of space. They even had a cute little cradle that charles LOVED sleeping in.
For just about $300 per night we all got to stay in the same place, saved a ton of money by buying groceries and cooking at the house, and had the best evening retreat after busy days at the park. 

I don't make $ on this little blog (clearly!!!) and Britta Wagner has no idea I'm writing about the condo, I just loved it so much and couldn't help it. If you're ever planning a trip to anaheim I HIGHLY recommend looking up Mickey's Magical Getaways (they own 3) on www.vrbo.com -- you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment