Dec 17, 2014

William Wednesday

It's too bad I just recently wrote about how big William's heart is, because this weekend he made mine explode with how much he loves.

Sunday I told him that Monday was going to be a very special day because it was mommy and dada's anniversary. He asked what an anniversary was, so I explained it, and I told him that 7 years ago we got married so it was our 7th anniversary. He asked, "Can I come to the anniversary?" I told him that he absolutely could come, but it was just going to be at our house and we weren't going very much to celebrate until January.

"So I can be married to you???"

Melt my heart sweet one. Yes, you can be married to me.

"So I can be a part of you and dada's special day?"

"Well, it wouldn't be me and dada's day if it didn't include you."

So, Monday morning after I got breakfast ready I went to wake him up. He is usually not much for mornings and waking him up takes awhile. I rubbed his back and said, "William I made a special anniversary breakfast" - that's all it took. He popped out of bed and said "oh! yeah! that's today!" He and Austin quickly got dressed so we could all eat breakfast together. 

William was really happy until I told him we had to get ready to go to school and work. He started crying because he "wanted to stay home and not miss the anniversary!" I told him we wouldn't be missing anything and we'd have a special dinner to celebrate too, so he eventually got over it.

Every night at dinner after we say our prayer we say what our favorite part of the day was. We went around the table and William's response was, "Being a part of your anniversary and being married to you AND to dada" That boy loves us so much, and he loves to talk about all of our family and friends all over the country who he loves and wants to see. I'm always amazed at how connected he feels to people he rarely sees. My heart just overflows with how strong his love is.

No comments:

Post a Comment