Jan 26, 2015

Oh, Hi, It's Me.

Dearest Blog,

I have thought a lot about you over the last month. I've thought of posts like 'Third Child Problems', 'a boy mom trying to fit into a girl mom world', 'crazy cowboy', and countless little stories and anecdotes about William. I've mentally written a few posts and told myself to be sure to document them later. But unfortunately later generally means after bedtime, and lately 'after bedtime' has been comprised of cleaning vomit covered clothes, cleaning up pet stains, packing lunches, doing my best to put my washing machine out of commission, and - oh yeah - getting an early start on tax season.

So I've thought of you. I've missed you. I still love you. And if it's truly the thought that counts then you can rest easy knowing you're pretty high on my priority list...I just haven't gotten through the items above you yet.

I've meant to tell you about the amazing work arrangement I've been blessed with that will start in June. I've wanted to write about our 7th anniversary trip to San Francisco and ask how on earth married couples manage to spend one ounce of energy focused on each other sometimes between all else going on. I've wanted to share some of the struggles we've been dealing with lately with our sweet Charles and his stomach. I've wanted to, and I think I will. I just don't know when.

Thanks for always being there waiting. Patiently waiting for me to return to you. I'll try and do better, though you've heard that before haven't you? I will. One day. When life slows down.

In 18 years perhaps??

Sincerely,
Your dearest admirer

No comments:

Post a Comment