Jan 30, 2015

Where are they now?

It's been awhile - goes without saying - since I've updated the blog on the boys and what they're up to. No better than than when waiting on hold for a call for 20+ minutes right?

It's only fair that the first born go last so I'll start with Charles. (Please excuse any third born bitterness there)

Our little cowboy is 8 months old and he's a wild one! It's amazing to me how very different babies can be even from the early ages. Charles is so much more .....

So I guess that phone call ended up interrupting this blog post. Over a month ago. Oops! Let me try again...

Our little cowboy is NINE months old and he is still a wild one. William seemed to always know boundaries even as a baby. Didn't try crawling off our bed, didn't want to climb over the dog and land face first in the carpet, never crawled in the bath tub sticking his entire face in the water...he was reserved. Silly me, I just thought my 9 month old was listening when I told him 'knees or bottom in the bath'. Charles seems to have no fear of things where William did. They're so different!

He's as happy as they come, laughing and smiling all the time. He's standing very well and occasionally takes a few steps along furniture before he decides crawling is faster. He eats a lot, though he seems to have a bit of a gag reflex and it takes him a few tries before he likes something new. But he's always willing to try again! He is the opposite build of his big brother - in the 40th percentile for height and 80th for weight. I could eat up his chunky thighs all day long! He sprouted 2 teeth this week and I determined either teething is like child birth and you force yourself to forget it with each child, or it is just way harder for him than it was for William. I'm glad we are done for the moment! He babbles and talks a lot, and has learned that the sound 'mama' usually gets him whatever he wants. But he uses it with everyone :) And he couldn't be more enamored with his big brother. He thinks anything William does is just the coolest. 

William is 5. That's right. 5. Last time I wrote he was 4 so I've clearly failed him in the worst of ways. He is 5 going on 15. He's as smart as ever and has grown into his intellect a little bit. The temper tantrums seem to be (for the most part) a thing of the past and he generally 'uses his words' like we begged him to for years. Only problem, his words are incredibly argumentative and logical. I never thought there would come a day when I'd be exhausted from arguing! But he still has the softest heart. His love for people, for his family and for Jesus fill the room. He is so caring and compassionate - if you're hurting, he's hurting. He loves nothing in the world more than his baby brother, but dada and mommy are really close in second place. He's starting tee ball next weekend, says things like 'I gotta tell ya somethin...' And sleeps in boxer briefs. If I haven't said it before, he's not a baby bear anymore. But like all moms would say, when I look at this 
I see this
He's my baby.

And loretta? Oh she's growing. William likes to find out how big she is each week. This week she's as long as a scallion. She changes on Sundays (nope, she doesn't grow all week it instantly changes) so we'll see what veggie she is next. Did I even blog about her name? Or about her at all?? Surely I did. If not, tune in next time (or sometime) for my 'third child problems' series. I'd use a hashtag, but I'm way too out of pop culture to do that. 

Until then...hope you are enjoying tax season far more than I am. It's my last crazy busy one for awhile. A long while. There's a cliff hanger for ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment