Mar 6, 2015

Moving step one

Well, it's March - and all my well intentions of staying on top of blogging and moving details and documenting my third pregnancy flew out the window when tax season hit. Unfortunately, with some new IRS regulations that happened in January this year. 

Nevertheless, Sunday morning when I need to be getting ready for church is as good a time as any to start my 'moving Monday' blog series. No, it's not Monday. Yes, it's ambitious to call it a series when it's taken 2 months to post the first one. But, I'm pregnant so no one has to expect me to be realistic. Plus I've got stuff to do! Maybe I'll even post one tomorrow to really shock myself.

So, ready or not here we go...and it's probably more like 'or not'.

I shared awhile ago how oddly at peace and excited I was to move back to Texas after years of insisting I couldn't handle the heat. Both of those things are still true. But, being excited to go doesn't mean being excited to leave. It's one of the oddest conundrums of life I would say. I read a quote recently about how military families never quite feel 100% at home anywhere, because they leave pieces of their heart all over the country or world. Sadly, and sort of beautifully, it's true. There are about 100 reasons why I'm excited, and probably 3 why I'm not ready. But those 3 are some pretty hefty reasons, and I'll talk more about them as the time draws closer. For now, we are in the thick of trying to coordinate and organize and plan...music to my ears even in the middle of tax season.

Here are the main things I'm planning (hoping) to document in this new blog series I'm starting. And trust me, this 'series' is way more for me than for you. It probably won't be witty and funny, but I want to remember the details and I was to be able to go back and read when I forget what I'm even trying to do here.

Moving Monday Topics
-job arrangements
-house arrangements 
-church
-school
-purging
-a baby too?
...and many more. By my count I have about 13 more Mondays to write and I really intend to find a topic each week. This post is just a little bonus to get me started!

Someone has begged me for 6 years to give him a Texas born baby. But someone got me pregnant in the most mild of climates twice, so if he thinks I'd leave a month early to go down into 150 degree weather (not an exaggeration, Houston is always 150 degrees in May) he obviously doesn't know who he's married to. Being pregnant in 65 degree weather is about as good as it gets, and that's pretty close to our daily temp. So, I'll stick it out here til the bitter end...or maybe not so bitter since it ends with a sweet baby. I'll stick it out here til the beautiful end.

Our rough plans (assuming our third child listens better than the first two) is for Loretta to be born via c section on June 1 at 39 weeks. Then, it's off to the races! 2 weeks to adjust to life with 3 kids, then 3/5 of our family will fly to Texas while 2/5 have a father son road trip across the country. You can choose who to be jealous of...if I were you I'd probably just be glad to not be in either camp! 2 babies on a plane for 6 hours or a 5 year old in a car for 5 days...mmm, pick your poison. Anyhow. We will stay in Houston most of the summer as we try to quickly find a house and move to Killeen as soon as escrow allows. 

And then we get to relax with mai tais on the beach right? That's what comes next with 3 kids and the army life isn't it? Eh, something like that. It just occurred to me a few days ago actually that when summer domes to an end and we move into a house that house won't actually be furnished and ready to go. Apparently I had been envisioning it that way the whole time - Pinterest style and all. I'm sure it'll be a work in progress for awhile as we still have plenty of adjustments and arrangements to work out once we get to Killeen.

Like KINDERGARTEN. Oh my goodness, I think maybe that's enough for today. 

6 more weeks of tax season, then hopefully 6 more calm weeks of pregnancy before the real madness begins. I'm ready, excited, anxious, nervous, impatient and not at all ready all the same time. But, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment