Jun 30, 2010

William Wednesday

Poor baby William is having a rough week. I think its safe to say he is done travelling for awhile and I don't think he's too disappointed!

Last Monday we took him to the doctor because he had a cold that just didn't seem to be going away, then Sunday night and Monday morning he threw up. The doctor said he had a mild ear infection and prescribed an antibiotic. He seemed to actually grow to like the amoxicillin, which is a shame since today we found out it wasn't working :( His ear infection isn't any better, so the doctor prescribed 2 more weeks of a stronger antibiotic.

He's a trooper though! He travelled from Denver to Dallas last Wednesday, Dallas to Birmingham to Nashville to Jacksonville by plane then Jacksonville to Charleston by car on Friday (yep, that is 13 hours of travel in one day), then Charleston back to Dallas and back to Denver yesterday. That's enough to get me in a bad mood, then add to it an ear infection - I would have been quite the pill if I were him. But, he remained pretty happy the majority of the time. His cough was persistent and was seeming to get worse though, so we made an appointment to see the doctor again today. We wanted to be sure he didn't have bronchitis or RSV or something. That's when we found out his poor little ear is still infected. I'm sure the travel didn't help the situation, but Dr Caplan said the plane rides aren't to blame. (maybe he said that so I didn't feel like the worst parent of 2010) He weighed 15 pounds, 15 ounces and was 27 inches long today - yowsers, where did the itty bitty 7 lb 20 inch baby go??? Its ok, I'm loving every second of him growing and he is a blast to watch these days.

Despite being sick William still found time to learn to roll over and to find his feet last week! This morning Dr Caplan kept counting on his fingers "march, april, may, june, july...march, april..." finally I said "he'll be 5 months on Friday". He responded, "yeah, that's what I keep getting too but usually they don't get that great at grabbing their toes until about 6 months. guess he likes those things!" He does like to play with his feet and really likes when you suck on his toes and blow on his feet. No complaints here since I love me some baby feet :)

William had a good time seeing family. In Dallas on Thursday morning Brandon raised William over his head and shook him a little, making a funny giggling sound. William LOVED it. Brandon did it a few more times and then William learned once Brandon had brought him back down to his lap, he just had to raise his arms and look up to make Brandon do it again! He had Uncle Brandon pegged for a sucker :) I can't blame him though, I'll do just about anything to see that big grin on his face too. He was such a good boy and slept throughout the entire funeral, waking up just as it was ending, and enjoyed spending the afternoon with his Aunt Dana and his YaYa. Then on Friday once we got to South Carolina he was a happy camper when he saw his CeCe and Pop.

We had a wonderful time in South Carolina and I was definitely in need of a relaxing weekend with family. Its nice to be so welcomed and loved by Austin's family simply because Austin chose to invite me to be a part of it. His family has loved me since before they even met me, and its a nice warm feeling to walk into that sort of home. I didn't get to see William much between CeCe, Pop, Sherry (austin's 8 year old cousin), and a few other people who had their 5 minutes with him. But I love that he is so loved so I didn't mind.

We were all 3 happy to be home last night, though, and William was pretty content to lay on the bed and play by himself for awhile. His favorite toys right now are a ball (unfortunately its hard, so he smacks himself with it pretty often), his "buddy" which is a miniature blanket with a little animal head attached to it, a soft book, and his blanket. He loooooves his blanket! I always hoped I'd have a blanket totin' baby like I was and I think he's well on his way. Guess all that swaddling brain washed him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment