Dec 28, 2011

Spoiled much?

You probably assume that because it's Wednesday, and because last weekend was Christmas, that I must be writing about how spoiled William is. But you're wrong! I'm talking about ME!

Sure, William is spoiled too and was spoiled on Christmas for sure. But oh my goodness was I showered with love this Christmas.

Ask and ye shall receive - I got TWO pair of Tom's after my plea on Facebook, and they're very different which is awesome. I got a Texas cookbook, a new purse, new workout clothes, a firepit to keep my feet warm, a Texas star to hang on my house, jewelry, a free babysitter coupon, lots of cards with sweet notes inside, and a special trip from Santa to my house while we were in Colorado springs.

And this doesn't include the presents that are still under the tree waiting for dada to get home!

I can't find the word to describe how I feel. It's a combination of humbled, touched and embarrassed. Not in a negative way - I just don't know the word that fits the feeling.

I've felt this way throughout this entire deployment. From meals that were left in my garage fridge on days when I thought i had no time to eat, to friends making special trips to visit...to countless cards that brightened my days, unexpected gifts in the mailbox, and an outpouring of help and love...I've been so humbled and speechless by the support we have received.

Not to turn it into a cheesy metaphor, but William has had me watching Cars a lot lately which got me thinking. In the beginning lightening McQueen thinks he is a one man show, but he fails. Austin is a great soldier, but I know he couldn't be all that he is if he didn't have his 'put crew' - the support of his family back home. And I know that I couldn't fully support him in the capacity that I do if I didn't have my support system too.

So while Austin is the real hero here, there are so many people who have made it possible for him to successfully complete his job. Whether you supported him through emails, cards, or packages - or whether you supported me in one of those capacities - you have definitely done your part to help us serve our country.

I only hope that the next time I know of the spouse of a deployed soldier that I remember all the ways love was poured onto me and that I can pay it forward. Until then, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being with me on this journey. I couldn't have made it without you.

Here's to a wonderful and blessed 2012.

- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment