Apr 15, 2012

MM: Ready or Not

This week reminded me a lot of playing hide and seek - only for the phrase 'ready or not here
I come'

The cable and Internet was shut off Friday. The movers packed the house. So - ready or not here I come!

Here are a few pictures of how we lived all weekend:



our bedroom



Williams room - but Austin ended up moving these boxes into the guest room. William is not a fan of the boxes unless he can be on top of them.



Office/craft room






I REALLY don't know where, when or how we acquired so much stuff! I never felt like our house was too cluttered...well, wait, I ALWAYS felt like our house was too cluttered. But I thought it was more a result of being crazy and unrelated to having excess 'stuff'. I have mentally rehashed what it is in all of the boxes and I really can't figure out #1 what added up so fast, or #2 what we could even get rid of. The only thing I really think we have in excess is baby clothes but until I can be sure I'll never have another son, or until I know I'm going to have a nephew, I don't see the point in getting rid of all of the clothes. So what if 8 huge tubs in the garage are filled with old baby stuff?! Not to mention his current clothes, toys, books and furniture...

The movers did say we are dangerously close to the 11,000 pound packing limit. If we go over weight the army will charge us for the additional weight. Kaila thought she'd try out being a comedian and suggested we leave Reagan behind to shed some weight. Funny.

Well, it may have actually been a good idea except Reagan is joining me for the ride so his excess weight doesn't count.

That's right - next time I write
Monterey Monday I will be driving through the mountains of Colorado with the pleasurable company of two cats. Please let me know how envious you are.

So - that's it. We're really going. One more night on air mattresses in our house, one more day at the Goddard School, one more week in Colorado.

Kleenex - ready or not, here I come.

- Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment