Sep 11, 2013

A Mini William Wednesday

Just 2 little stories for ya before I get back to cranking on my September 15 tax returns.  (yeah - i know - they're due in 5 days.  just a tad bit crammed into the last minute)

On the way home from school today William asked me, "What's that thing mommy?"  He was referring to a new rearview-mirror-dangle-decoration-thing that I put in Melvin.  I bought it years ago and had it in my trailblazer until I sold it.  I guess I put it somewhere really, really safe because it lasted through the year 2011, made it from Colorado to California, and then it has been hiding ever since.  Just found it!  But, ever since I put it in Melvin I've almost regretted it because William asks what it is at least once a day.  So, after his question of the day, this conversation took place:

It's a decoration
Yeah but what's its name?  What's it called?
...thinking...thinking...Um, Crystal.  brilliant mommy, there's a crystal hanging from it.  good name.
Oh, yeah, cause it has a crystal...HEY...MOMMY...we are learning about the letter R!  Crystal has an R in it!  First we learned the letter F but now we are learning the letter R like rrrrrrr.  There's an R in Crystal!
Wow, good William!  Sometimes it's hard to find letters in the middle of words, good job.
Yeah, its hard.
What word starts with F?
Oh MOMMMMMY, I don't KNOW.  This is hard.  But you know what?  My pinky hurts.

My little genius/ADD child.  He just doesn't ever know which one he wants to be.

Second story is shorter and sweeter.  

At bedtime we were reading books and he had chosen his Zookeeper book.  The last line of the book is, "We want to learn more about taking care of the animals.  That way we can be zookeepers when we grow up".  After I read that line William said, "yeah they will be zookeepers when they grow up but not me"

"No?  You don't think you'd like to be a zookeeper?"
"No, I don't think so"
"Oh, what would you like to be?"
"A firefighter.  I will have to be very brave to fight fires.  I will fight fires for my town.  I will have to help people."
"yes, you would.  Are you a very brave boy?"
"No, not yet.  I will be brave when I am bigger.  Then I will be a firefighter"



Anyone else wonder if he knows firefighter starts with F and has two R's in it???

No comments:

Post a Comment