Sep 12, 2013

This is Serious

A few months ago our pastor announced they were putting on a live simulcast of a Beth Moore retreat. If you don't know who that is, Beth Moore is a women's bible study leader - essentially. She's amazing. She's nationally famous for getting to the heart of the word and truth, being funny in the meantime and keeping herself real. She's awesome. So for $20 how could I pass the day up? I signed up and paid as soon as we were allowed, and never looked back.

Until last Sunday when our pastor said "This is a reminder about our upcoming Beth Moore retreat on Saturday..."

Wait. THIS Saturday? I'm scheduled to be at something from 8:30-4:30 on this Saturday?!?!

This Saturday Texas A&M hosts Alabama. At 12:30PT. The game all aggies have been waiting for since January. There could not be a bigger conflict of interest.

But I'm no fool who would blatantly pick football over God. Where would my relationship with God be if I was faced with such a clear-cut decision and didn't choose Him?

I am missing the best football game of the year???????? My heart hurts.

But, my amazing husband has agreed to record the game, not watch it so as not to accidentally be a spoiler, and watch it with me when I get home at 4:30. I hope I'd do the same for him!  And, while he's avoiding the TV, I will be avoiding my phone like the plague. It'll be turned off, actually. I mean, #1 ill be busy right? But also I just can't risk having something spoil the outcome. I haven't been anxious all week to have the game spoiled before I get to see it! That'd be such a waste. So, if you're looking for me on Saturday I will be in a hole from 8:30-8:30 probably. Poor iPhone won't know what to do with itself.

And...if God sees fit...I'd be ok with Him rewarding my devotion with a win.



Oh come on...like you never pray for your football team, or try to barter for W's. it hasn't worked in the past, but I'm just saying - maybe He'll look favorably on my good decision. 
Gig 'em aggies! BTHO alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment