Sep 16, 2013

God Works

So, if you were paying attention, God did not reward my commitment with a win for the aggies. He did, however, reward my commitment and that's all I could really ask for.

He also works in mysterious ways. We have been talking for awhile about joining a D group. (Home team, small group, life group - pick your name) Our church strongly encourages participation and plugging yourself into the church family in this way. We hadn't ever gone to one but kept talking about it. So, last week (not yesterday, 8 days ago) we looked at the d group schedule to find a couples group. We found one Tuesday and one Wednesday. Wednesday's group is lead by the kids church leaders so initially I was drawn to that one. Always good to know someone rather than walk into a room of strangers right? I talked to Doree about it and she was happy we were thinking of coming, but she also said the Tuesday group has a lot of parents of kids william's age. We said we'd think about it, but I fully intended to join her group despite her recommendation. 

Saturday at the conference I was wearing my aggie jersey (duh) and one of the girls at the checkin table said 'hey! Another aggie!' As she pulled her legs out from behind the table to show me her aggie boots. She was the most adorable 9 month pregnant person that ever walked the earth I think, and I loved her boots. Irrelevant, but fun to note. Anyway, she introduced herself, we talked for a few minutes and shared 'whoops' and 'howdy's' throughout the day. On Sunday I was looking for her after the service to introduce her to Austin but I didn't see her. 

Then, as we were leaving we stopped at the D group table again. We were looking at the schedule again - you know, in case it changed - and tried to decide what we'd do with William during d group. A guy walked over and introduced himself to Austin. He said he looked like someone he had served with a few years back, then asked Austin if he was in the military. Austin said army and he said 'oh ok I'm a marine'. At that point I noticed his ring and said, 'and an aggie!' He asked if we were in a d group, as I was holding the schedule clipboard, so we explained our situation. He said, 'my wife Kristen and I lead one on Tuesday nights and we are hoping to arrange childcare soon. For now everyone takes care of their own but we are working on it'

It all clicked. Doree had recommended we join a small group which we were planning to avoid. Then the husband and wife both sought out conversation with us and made connections unrelated to us joining the group. We thought it was pretty clear God wanted us to be a part of this group of young families, so we are excited to go tomorrow for the first time. Hopefully childcare will be worked out soon but we can make due in the meantime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment