Sep 8, 2013

My Favorite Month

I used to think December was my favorite month. Break from school, lots of family time, middle of winter, and Jesus' birth. How can you top that?

Well, to be clear, you can't beat His birth. But December has been replaced. I realized last week that my favorite month is September.

In Texas September finally starts to see some of the edge come off the heat. A little. In Colorado September has the most beautiful aspen trees' leaves turning colors. It also may offer the first glimpse of snow. And I've learned that in Monterey September sees the fog lifting and offers some of the most wonderful temperatures.

I wouldn't say I'm 100% in love with Monterey weather, but in September - man. It's gorgeous. I've loved my sunrise view and dinners outside on the patio. I can only hope it continues through the 'Indian summer' I've always heard about.

But aside from the weather...

FOOTBALL IS HERE!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited! I'm struggling to keep my anxiety in check. With grand expectations in college and the NFL this year, it's stressful to sit back and hope they can keep it alive. This is new territory for me - rooting for two top 10 teams! I'm just hoping and praying it can last.

But - even if it doesn't - I'm proud to be an aggie and a Texan and I love my football teams! I've been waiting since February for the good ol' pig skin and its finally here. 

I love September!

Do you think the IRS would be willing to move the extension deadline to 8.15 though??? Guess we can't have it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment