May 14, 2014

Day 8

Well, 3 days down, 7 more to go. 7 sounds like a lot more than 9 did when I last wrote. I am such a weenie! I gotta say, bed rest is just not for me. It makes me angry and lazy and lots of other adjectives I don't like.

Or maybe that's pregnancy? Gosh, hard to tell at this point.

We had a doctor appointment this morning and I would be making a mistake if I didn't ask for all of your prayers in my approach with my doctor over the next 5 weeks (or less!). Lesson learned: when you don't have a good introduction and vibe from prenatal appt #1, go ahead and count your losses and try someone else. Sticking it out to try and be ... Well I don't even know what I was trying to be ... Just not the best idea. If he rubbed you the wrong way that first time, it's just not worth it to try and make up for it over 32 more weeks. 

My doctor came with LOTS of rave reviews for doctors and friends, so I assumed that first meeting was just a fluke. Apparently he and I just go together like oil and water, and I'm afraid that in my moment of sheet agony and pain I will finally blurt out the things I've held in this whole time. So pray I don't do that :)

He did tell me that I can stop taking my medication next Wednesday. Does that mean my bed rest can end that day too and I can resume work 2 days sooner? Now I'm getting hopeful that maybe I really only have 5 more lonely days at home.

I know what you're all thinking (and a lot of you are saying) : enjoy the peace now, for soon you won't have a moment to yourself. Yeah yeah, I know I know. It's just not my greatest strength.

Guess it's time I practice being still and knowing He is God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment