Sep 30, 2014

A Man of Many Names

My sweet little cowboy.


That's the first thing I called Charles when he was born. I called him that before I even called him Charles. My sweet little cowboy.


William noticed how many things he has that have elephants on them and said, 'but mommy he's an elephant! He's my elephant brother'. And that name is still sticking around. William picks elephant clothes and blankets out whenever he can and we have elephant toys - it's kind of become a thing. I wish it was a more loving sounding name, but hey - elephants are smart right???


Shortly after he was born he became a little grunter. He grunts when he eats, grunts with his pacifier, grunts in his sleep. They're cute little grunts but he sure is noisy. One of William's veggie tales shows has a story with a Cebu and the Cebu makes similar noises, so Austin starting calling him Cebu. We would often say 'oh are you Cebu-ing again Charles?' It was cute.

Until I looked up what a Cebu is and saw it's a pretty ugly looking cow. Not very affectionate and even seems like a downgrade from elephant. so Austin decided he would change his name to little bull. Goes well with little bear right? Bear and bull - our boys. Kinda cute! Problem is - we are all 3 so used to calling him Cebu sometimes.

So - on any given day Charles may be called:
Archie(still standing strong)
Cebu
Bull
Elephant
Cowboy 
Scare pig

Or maaaaaybe Charles. I sure hope he learns his name one day!

My little cowboy elephant bull Cebu scare pig. Man I love that guy.
P.s. The little white things on his outfit are elephants. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment