Aug 5, 2010

William Wednesday Sandwich

In high school one of my best friends' name was Amanda, so when people were around us they would often say they were in an "Amanda sandwich". It was irked me because you might say that for lunch you ate a ham sandwich, or that I constantly crave blue bell ice cream sandwiches...the key here being the the contents BETWEEN the bread are what you name. No one says they are having a bread sandwich.

So when I say "William Wednesday Sandwich" I mean that the contents are William Wednesday, the bread is Tuesday Thursday. Because I'm posting about him on the days surrounding William Wednesday. I could have just named the blog something different and not gone into that whole schpeal of my confusion on an insignificant phrase, but this was more fun wasn't it?

Today is all about Goddard updates. Yesterday when I picked William up Miss Elise and Miss Jennifer were busting at the seams to tell me that I have the strongest baby the infant room has ever seen. Why? Well, he's the first baby EVER to pick up "the glitter ball". It is a plastic ball filled with some sort of fluid and glitter that floats around. The babies love to roll it around the floor, but its pretty heavy so apparently no one can pick it up. No one, except William. Mr. Muscle. Man. I thought maybe they were just excited because I happened to come in RIGHT after he did it, but this morning Miss Kim said "Did Jennifer tell you how STRONG William is???" Hmm, apparently he just is that strong.

This month at Goddard the theme is "All About Me". So in William's room they've been taking lots of pictures the past few weeks and this week the teachers started hanging them up. There's a bulletin board with a section for each baby, their hand prints, and a few pictures. Then there are misc pictures hung around the room. THEY ARE TOO PRECIOUS. And it is SO very fun for me to see what he is up to while I'm sitting here writing for your entertainment. I asked Miss Jennifer if she could email me the pictures and she obliged - I didn't realize there were 16! So I'll just share my favorites.
Did I ever write about the lady but hat that hangs from the ceiling? If not - its just this little hat that William loves to stare and and has tried to climb on top of my head in order to grab it. He seems pleased as pop to have acquired it this day:
Or did I mention his love of mirrors?
How about the argument over his hair? I saw this picture and said to Austin "WOW, his hair looks really long in this picture, I wonder why" His response? "Because that was BEFORE YOU LET ME GET HIS HAIR CUT" Hmm. Crap. If I'd realized that I would have kept my trap shut.
And, drum roll please, my favorite. My baby the artist.

It's hard to pick 4 favorites out of 16, but I'll save more for a rainy day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment