Aug 25, 2010

William Wednesday

Well, I'd have to say this has been one of William's rougher weeks. Not nearly as fun to write about because I don't like when he's struggling, but what else can I do? I can't lie about how fabulous his week was - cause, well, maybe I could...

I won't though.

Austin, Miss Kim and I have all come to the conclusion that he must be teething. It is that time (a little later than others, earlier than some, but overall around the "right" time) Saturday, Sunday and Monday he was fussy, fussy, fussy. He wasn't crying, but he wasn't happy and there was no way to console him. Monday he just cried himself to sleep, then kept fussing even after he was asleep. Last night we tried baby orajel which seemed to help a lot.

We aren't sure if this is related to teething or not, but he hasn't been drinking his bottles as well either. Yesterday was the first day when he finished all of his bottles at school, but I had been making them each 2 ounces less than normal too. So he still isn't back up to his old eating ways. He does eat his solid food really well still, so it is something about the bottle. Kim thinks the warm formula might feel bad against his tender gums.

Or, it could all be related to the cold he has. He has a little cough and runny nose, and whenever he wakes up there is goop ALL OVER his eye balls. I am the mean, mean mommy who picks it all out and makes him hate me...but it hurts me to see all that stuff covering his pretty blue eyes! It is getting better which is good; I think it peaked on Sunday.

So, with all of that going on he just hasn't been the happiest baby in the world for the last week. He was VERY happy, though, when we switched his car seat out on Sunday and gave him the next size up. According to the regulations for his old car seat he still had 2 more pounds and 2 more inches, but he was miserable in that thing. We put the new one in the living room and sat him in it - he was so happy! And now when I take him out to the car he smiles as he gets in his car seat, stretches out and lounges for the ride. No more cramped up baby!

Along with his new car seat, we found something else that he likes this weekend: light shows! We went bowling on Saturday with Austin's company and it was "cosmic" bowling for the 2 hours we were there. Seemed weird to me that cosmic bowling was in the middle of the day, but William wasn't going to complain. He loves watching all of the lights moving around. He was actually disappointed when the light show ended!

He's getting better at his crawl/scoot. He still crawls for a few paces, then drops to his belly and scoots, then gets back up to crawling, then scooting - and he can get where he needs to go. I used to be able to lay his quilt out on the floor for him to play with and not worry about him swallowing a pound of pet hair, but now the quilt ends up in a ball, in his mouth, as he rolls freely around the living room dragging it along. I feel like we already vacuum constantly, but I guess constantly isn't enough now because his face is in that carpet all the time and it grosses me out.

I can't remember what the food-update was last week, but I don't think we'd tried zucchini yet. Had we? Well, in any case, he loves it! Zucchini and peaches are his favorite. I made green beans this weekend but I'm afraid to try them...they look, smell, and feel (texture-speaking) just like the peas and I don't know if I want them in my face just yet. I bought some pears from a fruit stand last weekend that weren't quite ripe, but they are now so I think I'll make those tonight. A friend also gave me some squash out of her garden so I may steam some of that up tonight too. And of course, I got him more peaches!

This week at school is "spirit" week so William is wearing a green shirt today...it's favorite color day. Did you not know his favorite color is green? Or, did you know his favorite sports team is the Texans? That was evident yesterday as he wore his Texans outfit all day. Monday was PJ day, and it was a good thing I took a spare pair because he blew up in the first pair early in the day...that little boy can poop. Tomorrow is wild hair day, and Friday is favorite t-shirt day. Spirit day was clearly designed for the parents, as I'm having a blast :)

He seemed a little bit better this morning, less eye goop and more smiles, so we're hopeful that whatever is going on is lessening up...or that the baby orajel is just that good. So, be hopeful with me that next Wednesday has more upbeat news...maybe news of a first tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment