Sep 13, 2011

Love more each day

On Saturday before we left for jodi's wedding I quickly wrote in her card:
Congratulations! We are so excited for you and excited to share in your special day. Always remember to love each other more every day and you will have a richly blessed marriage.

It was almost like I had coordinated with the pastor!

The wedding was beautiful. It had a small, close knit feeling and was nestled up in the mountains. Beautiful!

The bride was exquisite. Which is just as one would expect from her. Her dress was one of the most striking I've ever seen and it looked like it was made for her body, the colors made for her hair and skin, and she looked more beautiful than a beauty queen.

The pastor gave the most touching wedding message that I've ever heard I think. He spoke of the 3 kinds of love in the bible: the feeling, the Romantic love, and agape(the deepest love). He focused on agape, explaining how love is a choice. By exchanging vows you are choosing to love each other forever, even when the other two loves may be missing. You may not feel love sometimes, you may not connect romantically sometimes, but you must always choose love. In all your decisions, every day. Then in their vows the final line wad 'I will love you more each day than the day before.' This is only possible by choosing love.

As wonderful as all of that was, what really made the day for me was the groom. Of all the weddings I've attended or been a part of, I probably know Ben the least on a personal level. But I was deeply touched when I saw him give his vows to Jodi. Truly, I've never seen a groom with more emotion and sincerity than he had. He was EXCITED to be making these promises to her and everyone in the vicinity could feel the power with which he meant his words. I may not know him as well as I've known other grooms, but if I had to place money on which groom could withstand the trials of marriage he'd have my bet.

And I couldn't be more thrilled that my friend Jodi has found someone who loves her that much.

Congrats mr and mrs pappas!

- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment