Nov 16, 2010

Guess What I'm Doing Today?

I'm so excited!

I have an appointment in one hour to meet with the owner of Neat Freaks Housecleaners!!! Austin and I had decided that if I were to try to work full time, be a mom full time, clean the house full time, and keep my sanity full time I would surely fail at one...and it would probably be the last. So, we decided that while he's gone I should hire a house cleaner. The problem is, I wouldn't be comfortable allowing someone into my house without a reference from a friend and none of my friends use house keepers. (it's not that I don't have many friends, its that they don't use house cleaners. I promise!) So if a stranger is going to come in my house while I'm not there, I want to be sure I can go after them if anything ever goes missing. I'm sure it won't, but I just wanted some reassurance!

We dropped the conversation at that, and that was about 4 months ago. It lingered in the back of my mind but I never really had the energy (pathetic) to make the effort to find someone. Then one day, as if the angels from above were shining down on me, we were stuck at a ridiculously long light next to a beautiful Tahoe with a sticker that said "Neat Freaks House Cleaners". I think there was a golden cloud surrounding the title too, but that may have just been my own hallucination.

They are a little pricier than I had planned, but I loved their website and over the phone she said she'd offer a military discount. I am starting off just having her come once a month - I really just need a little help with more of the deep cleaning. We already have a pretty set routine with the kitchen, the floors, etc. I just don't get around to the baseboards or the fans or some of the less used areas of the house all that often. But...no promises that I won't love it so much that I increase the frequency...only time will tell. Actually, not only time...my "merit increase" may play a role too.

So, I'm off to my appointment to meet Amy. I feel like such a big girl now!

No comments:

Post a Comment