Feb 18, 2012

William Wednesday from 2/15

After our celebration week I wasn't surprised that William got sick. Not only were there 2 cases of strep throat in his class, but all 3 of the people I work with who have toddlers all had sick kids too. I think William was doomed to at least get a virus. He didn't have strep, but he did have to stay home from school for 2 days.

But he was better by the weekend and dada thought they needed to go BACK to see the fish in the water. Dada is dangerous in that store when I'm not there to reign him in :) William got an adorable carhart jacket (more than I'd ever spend on a 2 year old's jacket but it sure looks cute!) and William had lots of fun in the boats again. He's a fan!!!

Sunday we went back to church and he is really starting to enjoy going to nursery. He likes when we drop him off, but of course he's still very happy when we pick him back up. The nursery worker on Sunday told us that William is a VERY good helper, but I'm not surprised because that is what his day care teachers tell me every day. William loves to help clean up and put things back where they belong.

Austin took William to his 2 year check up this week. We had to change doctors because his old doctor no longer accepts our insurance. Austin said all of the nurses were gathering around William and mesmerized at his flirting and his speech. Usually in new groups he's a little more reserved, but apparently he was putting on quite a little show. He showed off his speech, counting, alphabet, and coordination. Our little star :)

His vocabulary has just exploded and he is building 4 and 5 word sentences. I can't believe some of the sentences he makes. He is also making spacial recognitions very well. A few nights ago he said "Melvin tires outside William inside". I didn't know he remembered Melvin would have tires when we were in the car. But I'm impressed!

For Valentine's day mommy and dada both got to go to his little class party and Austin was the spectacle of the day. All of the kids swarmed around him and almost every book in the room was on his lap at one point. William was VERY happy to share dada and show him off and kept looking at him with such amazement. I know my baby loves me, but he doesn't look at me the way he looks at Austin. He just adores him. The kids were all hyped up on sugar and the excitement about the holiday and wearing pajamas to school...I don't know how the teachers ever calmed them down for nap time. They are puppet masters I think!!!

I'm hoping that at my next job I can blog again because this is getting challenging without my phone app. It makes me actually have to get on the computer at HOME - what a pain. Keep your fingers crossed with me :) Hope you all had a happy valentine's day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment