Sep 18, 2012

Miscues

There is a lot of controversy surrounding the 'replacement' officials in the NFL right now. For any non-football fans, the NFL referees are on a lockout due to contract negotiations and the league has pulled officials in from who even knows where to fill in for the time being. In some cases it's ok, but it's a hot topic on sports center and other sports related media - they have had some disastrous miscues.

I guess miscues during football time are expected.

Last week I shared this conversation in Facebook:

Me: Austin, when you come upstairs can you bring me the bag that's on top of the laundry dresser?

Austin: sure where is it?

Hmm, clearly listening to me during Monday night football is not going to be very successful. (I really should have known better)

So today when I opened the dryer to pull out our sheets and noticed they were still damp, i shouldn't have been surprised. But I was! How are the sheets still wet?

Then I remembered this conversation:

Me: hey austin can you put the sheets that are in the washer into the dryer?

Austin: sure.

Apparently turning ON the dryer needed to be a second request. One thing at a time when football is on please.

Stay tuned to see how the rest of the season turns out. Either I'll learn to wait until after the games are over, or I'll have lots more fun little miscues for your entertainment!

- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment