May 15, 2013

William Wednesday

Well, I thought it'd be fun to do a little
Blog segment on Wednesdays called 'William Wednesday' - what do you think? Has a ring to it right? Could be a fun thing!

Or could be something that falls by the wayside when work/life gets busy. Guess time will tell.

William has been having a tough few months. He didn't do particularly well when tax season got extra busy. At the beginning when I was still taking him to school and home around supper time he did ok but when I started missing some of those things his behavior worsened. Austin was convinced William just wanted/needed me more than him and got a bit of a complex about himself as a parent. Well, I'm here to say that since Austin has been in Arizona it has been reversed. William and I might be having a good day and out of nowhere he'll whimper or cry for dada. It has really shown me how much a child needs both of his parents (as if I didn't already know) and how strong of an impact separation can have.

His behavior in school hasn't been great and his teachers and I have been trying to curb that. But I know it likely has a lot to do with all of the turmoil. Hopefully it's all over soon.

But when he's not misbehaving at school and when he's not whimpering for dada we have a really great time together. He's so smart and I'm still amazed at some of the conversations we have.

He has entered the 'why' stage and the stage of questioning everything. He also likes to ask how to spell EVERYTHING. But not just 'how do we spell 'red light'?' Or 'how do we spell Layla?' ... Sometimes it's full on sentences! We'll be talking or doing something and he'll stop and say, 'but mommy how do we spell 'dada is working on Arizona'? How do we?'

I'm just about tired of spelling sentences but he's sure not tired of hearing it!!!

He has almost mastered counting to 100. He skips 15, 27, and then 37, 47...a lot and you have to get him to slow down to realize it, but I'm impressed as it is! He also reads numbers into the hundreds.!)3 saw 1394 on the back of a bus yesterday and said 'look mommy it's one hundred thirty nine four'. I explained the concept of a thousand and he said 'but how do we count to one thousand three hundred ninety four?' - I didn't show him :)

He's also been working on reading words. He has a few letters he's good at sounding out and he recognizes some words. I'm not pushing it much but he really enjoys the challenge of figuring out some of the smaller words.

He's 3 - so days can be a roller coaster. He didn't have much, if any, symptoms of the 'terrible two's' so he's doing his bet to make up for lost time now. That may be an exaggeration - despite the fleeting moments of screaming and demanding things, whimpering for dada and rough days at school he's actually still a very good natured little boy. Or big boy I should say! He's very, very big. Guess that's what happens when you blink huh?





No comments:

Post a Comment