May 23, 2013

Sucker or Normal?

Usually when William is getting sick I can tell in the morning and as I drop him off I think, 'I'll be back here in a couple short hours'. But Tuesday when I got a call from his teacher saying he had 102 fever I was shocked! He had shown no signs of being sick.  But when I got there his whole face looked so sick and broke my heart. He started crying and curled in my lap when I went to him.

After we got home I realized we only had one more dose of Tylenol.  so I gave it to him and then once it had kicked in we ran to the store to get more. Note: in the future please remind me #1 to have plenty on hand, and #2 to go to Walgreens or cvs or Walmart or anywhere but target in that moment of weakness. I don't know what happened, all I know is target's children's Tylenol is getting very pricey these days. Luckily, it comes with prizes to help in the recovery.
Look at those poor eyes!!!!!

We spent most of Tuesday cuddled in my bed watching movies and reading his new book. Oh - and an FYI to all parents of young ones - the difference between 'little golden books' and 'big golden books' is not just the size of the pages. It's a loooooooot more words!

At bedtime William wanted to sleep with me and based on the above picture you can tell how strong willed I am. He also wanted some of his buddies to join in, and puppy Rooney (who we were babysitting) put up a valiant effort to not be caught creeping in. She blends in so well!
She actually intentionally (and slowly) closed her eyes and inched her body closer and closer to the animals as I got closer to her. I may be a sucker for William but I was able to put my foot down with Rooney. After all, I needed to fit in there somewhere too!

Yesterday William's fever was down but he was still pretty lethargic, sensitive, cranky and had no appetite. He took a 3 hour nap and then went back to sleep less than 3 hours later. 


But - I'm glad to report he woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning, ready for a happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment