Jun 12, 2013

HE'S HOME

DADA IS HOME!  YAY!  His plane was scheduled to land at 12:30 tonight but at 6:55 we got a surprise call saying he caught an earlier flight and would be home at 8:10.  So, the rest of our evening went just about the same as the past 2 months did - a fast, hectic whirlwind.

We were driving home from the grocery store (needed eggs to make green eggs and ham for dinner) and I told William that we had to go home, cook fast, eat fast without choking, do a really quick clean up, and then I would have a cool surprise for him.  Less than an hour later we were back in the truck and headed to his surprise!

To all of our future visitors: you should check flights into Monterey and see if you can find a deal.  9 times out of 10 its way pricier than San Jose, but it's SO COOL!  Primarily because it's 10 minutes from our house, but it's also cool because you can stand in the parking lot and watch the planes land, park, and deplane right in front of you.  It's one of those tiny, exotic airports (am I the only one who finds them exotic?) where you walk down stairs and onto the ground rather than through a tunnel.  So we watched two planes land and watched the deplaning process when all of a sudden William spotted....DADA!!!!!  Then we ran into the building to meet him at the door.  It was so much fun :)

I have to say - the past 8 weeks went by REALLY fast.  Really fast.  There I was thinking I had all the time in the world on my hands with my 20% reduction in work hours, and yet somehow 8 weeks came and went and I'm still trying to get my head back on straight.  I didn't accomplish much of what I wanted to in that time and I'm struggling to figure out why my life feels/seems so hectic - but, at the current moment, I'm not too concerned.  8 weeks flew, that's good enough for me.  And now I'm enjoying listening to Austin read the safety information card to William in bed.

Oh- betcha didn't know William is now a thief and stole a safety information card on our flight to Houston didya?  I'll have to fill you in on that too.  Thanks for sticking with me through all of the slow times.  Some day I'll figure out how I manage to be more busy with more time than when I was a single parent in Colorado, writing up a storm.  But not tonight. tonight i'm gonna go lay with my boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment