Jun 28, 2013

I don't brag enough

I'm not a big public-bragger. I even (aside from my blog) attempt to avoid bragging about William. Not everyone has a child and, I've learned all-too personally, it may sting a little for others to hear excessive bragging. And - not everyone's child is as gifted as mine - though the flip side would be not everyone's child is as painfully stubborn and argumentative either. Anyway, my point is - I try my best to keep my bragging and doting between people I know appreciate it and won't feel a bit of salt in their wounds. The same goes for Austin. Austin is a truly amazing husband and father - but some people aren't as blessed in that area of their life as I am. Maybe it's coming, or maybe their blessings come in other ways. I would just hate to be the one to twist the dagger in the heart of a friend who is struggling with her marriage, or a friend who wants badly to be married and isn't yet.  Plus - at the end of the day, I'm not the most public person with affection and emotion. All that is to say that generally my doting on Austin is saved for Austin.  I don't usually take to Facebook or the blog to profess how blessed I am.

But today, with a harmless little story, I will! Because I should. We all should from time to time.

Yesterday morning I got an email from LOFT with a coupon for 50% off your entire purchase in the store from 12:00-5:00. I was disappointed because there was a skirt I wanted a few weeks ago but refused to buy at full price, and I'd been hoping for a good 50% sale. But 12:00-5:00 - how could I do that? Bummer, no new skirt for me. 

But then around 1:00, in the middle of what had become a very frustrating and stressful day, Austin sent me a text asking for me to email him the LOFT coupon. He had driven to the mall to buy me the skirt! They were sold out but they were able to order it online through the store and still use the coupon. Yesterday was the worst of his wisdom tooth pain and he still got out of the house to get me my discount skirt :) love him!!!

It turned out to be unnecessary effort as I got an email at 5:00 that the sale was extended online until midnight...but we won't tell him right? It was such a sweet gesture.

Reason #5,000,000 I love my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment