Jul 18, 2013

Relay Friday

I didn't update last week for fear of over loading everyone. We still have a month until relay so I didn't want to run everyone off! And now I'm posting a day early because with Addie in town and tomorrow being our birthday, I don't want to forget to post!

We've been moving in the right direction - that's for sure! Last week we had our first fundraiser night at Buffalo Wild Wings. I'm afraid the wait staff didn't get all of the tickets allocated to relay, but that's ok. I don't have a total $ yet, but hopefully I will soon. We may have another one, we'll see how this one went.

We now have 15 teams and we are over halfway to our fundraising goal. Our official goal is $15,000 but I'd really love to see it over $20,000!!! Team WTB has reached our $1,000 goal but I'd love for that to be above our $3,000(ish???) from last year. So we've got a ways to go but we've also got time. I'm so excited at the prospect of clearing our goal.

I know I was never meant to be a sales person or telemarketer - I hate asking people for stuff. That's why tomorrow I'm dragging Addie on a few relay errands in hopes that she'll help me gain some bold confidence. I need to go to Starbucks, Costco, the donut shop and possibly target. I hope it goes well!!! I recruited a new team today so I have to go deliver some paperwork to them. Addie will be so excited :)

We also now have an entertainment chairperson Which is HUGE. Last year I ended up thinking of impromptu games to spark interest during the dull moments, and I don't think ill have time for that this year! Not only that, but that's probably not my strong suit either. So I'm so excited to have a chair person who can take over the DJ, games and scheduling of our entertainment. I believe we have a few fitness instructors who want to donate their time for hour-long classes, a dance group, and possibly a Zumba class...so I'm glad to have someone to get all of that in line.

I think that's about all on the updates. Wish me luck as I go solicit money and involvement from local businesses, and stay tuned next Friday when my post will focus on my favorite part of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment