Jul 9, 2013

What would you do?

Saturday I was driving to Sacramento when I found myself unsure of where I was. I had never driven that far north in California  so it was all new territory. I didn't even realize how far north it was going to be :) I was driving through Vacaville when I noticed a few street signs that made me feel like I was somewhere else...

There was also a Texas Roadhouse and a BBQ place named 'ol Jim's Texas BBQ'. Where was I?!

While I was enjoying pretending I was somewhere other than Vacaville, CA I noticed out of the corner of my eye a man in the car next to me trying to get my attention. I tried to ignore it at first - I generally don't respond to people while driving 75mph on the freeway, but eventually I had to look. I wish I had looked sooner! I looked over just in time to see him pulling his aTm hat back inside his sunroof. He saw me look over and got excited, waving his hat some more and showing the 'gig 'em' thumbs up. 

So what did I do to reciprocate?  i excitedly honked 'hullabaloo canek canek' in the middle of Vacaville traffic. What else could I do?! 

Apparently if you look hard enough (or pay attention when people are flagging you down) you'll find a little bit of home no matter where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment