Jul 2, 2013

What can you say?

It's not Wednesday but this story is too good to wait.

About a month ago William and I were sitting in the backyard eating dinner. I was having a glass of wine and William asked if he could have some. I responded by pointing at his head and saying, 'see this? That's you're brain. Your brain is growing and wine is not good for that'. He accepted my explanation (shocking!) and dropped it. 

A week or so went by and we found ourselves eating dinner outside again. I was having another glass of wine. William pointed to my head and said, 'see this? You have no brain so you can have wine'. I was speechless!!! What do you even say?

But wait. It gets even better. Remember, that was a month ago. Fast forward to last night.

Austin and I had margaritas with dinner and William asked if he could have some of our juice. I said 'no its not juice, it's a margarita. Margarita is kind of like wine, you can't have any'. He responded by saying, again, that we have no brains. Austin thought it was funny the first time but apparently doesn't want his son under the impression he has no brain, so he Explained that we have brains they're just done developing. Then William came up with this:

When I am bigger my brain will be done growing and I will drink margarita. And wine. And beer!

I replied with a chuckle and said 'yes, you can' and he said 

A LOOOOOOOOT!

Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment