Jan 2, 2014

2014

I do not think I have entered another year with as much anticipation as I have entered 2014.  If I have, it's a pretty close race that's for sure.  I tried looking back at my blog from this time last year to see where I was when entering into 2013, but I didn't write anything about the new year.  We were on vacation and I wrote about the happenings on our trip, then I just went back into the normal every day (or a couple times a week) updates on William, work, football, etc.  I wish I had written about my outlook for the year so I could compare, but I am going to guess that I 2013 did not live up to my expectations in the slightest.  In the least important avenue, it certainly didn't fulfill all of my football expectations and left much to be desired for 2014. (and, yes, I once again find myself counting down the days from January until August) In more important ways, I could not have predicted the struggles I'd have as  mom, as a wife, as a friend, as an employee or just as a person.  But, with great trials can come great growth and I do think that's the case for me.  So, while I'm pretty happy to bid farewell to 2013, I do think it was a blessing-through-raindrops type of year.

I am so excited for the coming year and I can only imagine the surprises that may be in store.  But above all of that, I am excited that THIS year I can say with much certainty we will have a second baby.  I am guessing no moment in 2014 will top that, but I am sure that there will be plenty of other high points and milestones to document along the way.  I am going to make a small and attainable resolution that I will blog at least twice a week.  I hope it will be more and I do miss the days when it was 4-5 times per week, but I also know that between work, William and a new baby I can't really promise the free schedule I once had.  However, I enjoy looking back and seeing snippets of time as much as some people enjoy reading it real-time and enjoy joining in on the journey.  Blogging is as much, if not more, for me than it is for you so I hope that in 2015 I do not look back to moments in 2014 only to find that I hadn't found time to jot it down - even if it's just a brief synopsis of an every day adventure.

And even thought 2013 didn't quite offer all I had hoped it would, I am thankful for the year that we had.  I am thankful for my lessons in grace, humility, determination, marriage, parenting, and general life.  I can only hope that while 2014 may offer more high points I do not miss out on the lessons and blessings in disguise along the way.

Happy New Year!  
Now I'm just anxiously awaiting small milestone number one: finding out the gender of baby #2! 
(and happy 92nd birthday to the 12th Man - Jan 2, 1922.)

No comments:

Post a Comment