Jan 20, 2014

Happy weekend

Friday was parents night out at William's school. They call it PNO, and the kids love PNO. Friday when Austin dropped him off William pointed to the sign up sheet and said, 'dada! Guess what? I get PNO tonight!' Austin said he laughed thinking, 'no, WE get PNO tonight' 

In any case, we had date night. Austin had booked a surprise massage for me at 5:00, but they place called at 9:30 Thursday night (a bit annoying!) to say the therapist went into the hospital so I'd have to reschedule. I hadn't known about it prior to that so I was pleasantly surprised, and was still happy even though I had to reschedule. So instead of a massage we planned to go to dinner and to see a movie. When we got to the theater the crowds were too much for Austin who doesn't do very well in really crowded places, so we decided to skip it. We went to Macy's to get me some maternity clothes (sounds more like a ME night than a date night huh?) and then after that we went and played putt putt before ending our night with some milk shakes. There wasn't really anything special and a few broken plans, but sometimes those are the best nights. We had a really good time and even spent some time talking about baby names. Didn't make much progress, but we talked! :)

Saturday we all went to brunch while we had Austin's truck washed then went to babies r us. William loved picking stuff he thought would go well in Archie's room, but he wanted to buy it all RIGHT THEN. He also informed us he doesn't want Archie to be a 'name just for fun' but a 'forever name' -- I think I am going to bow out and let my 2 leading men fight this one out. Should be brutal. After babies r us we went to a friends house for a one year old's birthday party and then spent our evening relaxing at home. 

Sunday after church Austin and William got haircuts, new fish, and surprised me with a cupcake while I had my reschedule massage.

Prenatal massage = heaven. Incredible.

After we got home we spent some time soaking in some vitamin D at the park and walking/bike riding to the grocery store. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous and we are enjoying it while we can.

So - we had a fun and happy weekend! I'm running out of weekends before tax season, so I'm glad we have had some nice family time and great weather before the stress piles on.

No comments:

Post a Comment