Jan 27, 2014

A sad sight

Pregnant people are extra clumsy right? That's an excuse right? I hope so -- cause I'm looking at 2 weeks on crutches. I've never been on crutches in my life and I remember thinking it may be fun to get that special treatment. Well, 24 hours in and I've found it's absolutely NOT fun. At least not for control freaks. 

Anyway. I slipped and twisted my foot. I was worried it may be broken because I couldn't even see it on the floor when I woke up Sunday, but the X-ray says no fractures so that's good. Just a sprain. Although, 'just a sprain' makes me feel kind of wussy. But, that's neither here nor there. I'm truly thankful it's not broken and it won't be longer than 2 weeks.

But. The best part.

At the ER The nurses were mostly concerned with the baby, obviously. I didn't fall, but I began to think they didn't believe me because they asked over and over if I thought the baby was affected by the impact. Anyway, they wanted to check on him which was perfectly fine and good. They brought a hand held heart monitor in, but rather than it playing the heart beat out loud it required ear pieces similar to a stethoscope. I guess basically it was a stethoscope attached to a monitor. I was kind of disappointed, but the the nurse offered to let William hear the heart beat. He was anxiously waiting and kept asking me what it would sound like. I explained a few times that it'd sound just like his noise machine in his bedroom, which he seemed to accept. 

But then when he heard it his face lit up as if he'd just been exposed to a whole new world. Then he said 'that was AWESOME!!!'

He is so so so excited for his brother. Remember all those times I whined about their age difference? Well, it's still not my favorite - but I am enjoying how aware and excited he is about what is going to be happening soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment