Sep 3, 2009

Light the Night

On October 1 the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society will host its annual Light the Night Walk here in Denver. Walks like this are held in various cities nationwide, and I believe Denver has hosted one for the past few years. This 2.5 mile walk is meant to raise support and awareness for blood cancers. Walkers raising $100 will each carry a lighted balloon - white for cancer survivors, red for supporters, and Gold for walkers who are walking in memory of a loved one lost. Western Union has formed a team for the walk, and my boss and I will be walking together. Austin is also going to join me in the walk and we will be walking in memory of my dad, who died of leukemia 11 years ago.

I am very excited to participate in this walk to help raise money for research and for family support functions.

I have been overwhelmed thus far with the support I've received from family and friends, and it makes me even more excited for the walk. If you would like, you can look at my website and read more about the walk itself as well as how you can donate. I promise I wouldn't use my blog to solicit financial support if it weren't for something I felt very strongly about, and I won't make a habit of it for sure! I'm just very excited about this, and I know I probably missed some people on the initial email I sent out about the walk so I thought I might reach other people this way.

My website is: http://pages.lightthenight.org/rm/DenverL09/AWallis

Austin and I will walk with our dog, Layla, and we will let Layla carry the balloon in honor of my dad. Hopefully the money we raise can help another family struggling with what my family dealt with 11 years ago. Thanks for your support, be it your thoughts or your financial donation. I appreciate it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment