Sep 7, 2009

On the Verge

Happy Labor Day! I hope you, unlike me, actually took the holiday in spirit and are relaxing at home, perhaps laying by the pool or playing golf. The tax world seems to think "labor day" is a day to honor the fact that we should be working our rear ends off, however, so for the second year in a row - I'm cranking on taxes while you are enjoying my margarita.

I would really rather be eating at the Grand Luxe right now - that's where Alexis's bridesmaids' luncheon is being held...they probably just received their water, hopefully with lemon, and are looking at the oversized menus trying to decide on an appetizer. I'd recommend the sampler - so many yummy things to choose from there. Gotta save room for some home-baked cookies or cheesecake though, so don't get too full on that appetizer girls!

Back to reality. I'm currently setting up our files for our third quarter provision - great fun. I could be doing that at home...or on a plane...or in Houston...but then I guess the files wouldn't be of any help to anyone here at the office until I got back. Not to mention the stuff I need to put IN the files. Ok I'll quit whining. What's that quote - where the is great _______ there is great responsibility? That's the downside of having a nice cushy job...sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet, miss out on things you'd rather be doing, suck it up and move on. Take one for the team. But I can whine a LITTLE right?

This weekend Austin and I decided to make NO plans and it was amazing. We have been doing too much lately and its wearing me out, so we decided this weekend we would make no plans and see how things go. We watched football Friday night and most of Saturday, cleaned the house Saturday (and after I fold sheets tonight I am FINALLY caught up on laundry before the start of the week) then we had dinner with friends we hadn't seen in awhile at Maggianos Saturday night. We did the family style meal - oh my gosh were we all bulging at the seams as we walked out. Lucky for me I decided it was a good time to try out maternity pants...elastic waist band, could there be a better invention? I rode home in comfort :)

Yesterday we went to SNIAGRAB (that's "bargains" spelled backwards) at Sports Authority. They have all their ski/snowboard equipment on really good sales for a week in September and Austin wanted some ski boots. After that, and after how comfortable my maternity pants were Saturday, I decided we should stop at the Gap on the way home and see if they had any sales. I got a pair of black slacks for $15 and a pair of grey slacks for $30. Its a funny thing - the transition into maternity pants. At first its a dreaded event...and after the baby is born I'm sure I'll want those things away from me ASAP...but after wearing them for the first time and seeing the difference...I don't know why we don't just ALWAYS wear maternity pants :) Ok that may be a slight exaggeration - but when your stomach is larger than usual and pants are squeezing it...the elasticity is amazing. Now I just wish I had more :)

I'm SO excited for this week. Tomorrow doesn't bring anything exciting, but I will be really busy at work, have to pick up my dress & Austin's uniform, have a hair appt at 4:30, have to take Layla to Rick's house...so I'll be busy. Then its FINALLY Wednesday...the day I've been waiting for for...well about 12 weeks. (its a lot longer than it sounds, I promise) First, we get to find out jelly belly's gender. Then we get to rush to DIA and get on the plane to go to Houston- one of my most anticipated Houston trips in a long time. Then we go to the Astros game, then Dallas, then Friday is the rehearsal dinner, and Saturday is the WEDDING! I bet it'll go by as fast as it just did when I typed it too.

Well, I better quit this blogging thing and actually WORK...I wanna go get free chick-fil-a for lunch :)

Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment