Oct 5, 2009

We don't Believe in Brain-washing



A little manipulation couldn't hurt though huh?


We were putting some stuff away in William's dresser this weekend and I saw the stack of aTm clothes he already has...thought some people might consider this to be a little much, seeing as we should allow our child to explore his own interests, but I see nothing wrong with it :) Its our job as his parents to guide him down the right path - and clearly there is no better path for college. So - thanks mom for his onesie, his first aggie mug, and his little bitty socks (that I'm almost scared to use cause they're so cute) and thanks Brittany for his pack of nike onesies! :) He's covered until 9 months I think...after that we'll have to get back to work :)


At 16 weeks I was told that William's ears were developed and he could distinguish different sounds from inside the womb - the point being that he can hear our voices and hear when we talk. Well - this weekend he got to hear his first aggie game, and he heard his dad screaming-mad for the first time ever :) He better get used to it in football season! The aggies have definitely improved from a year ago - but they were not where they needed to be Saturday against Arkansas and it was NOT an enjoyable second half to watch.




We also got the room finished this weekend - painting I mean. There were a few spots on the stripes that just needed to be touched up so I did that Sunday before I went to work. The picture is of his crib (and all my old Disney on ice stuffed animals that will soon have a home in his room) and the window valence is hanging on the back of the crib. We still need to do the closet, the curtains, and hang up the William sign I made a few weeks ago - but the big parts are done.

Our biggest adventure for the weekend was joining the world of Costco. I thought those places were supposed to save you money? I think our receipt said we bought 25 items...don't wanna admit how much it cost. We did get a case of 256 diapers, a box of 900 wipes, and a 2-pack of infant formula. We were strongly advised to be prepared to breast feed and formula feed rather than making a decision one way or the other - as some babies don't take to breast feeding, some moms don't produce enough, some moms are unable, and some moms or babies just don't like it. There are also apparently moms who intend to formula feed but change their minds in the hospital. Because of that, we thought having a few cans of formula from the beginning would be a good, safe choice. So - William did rack up about $100 at costco...I guess that makes me feel somewhat better??? It was a lot of fun though! Costco has some of the coolest stuff - aside from the 75 pound bag of sugar that I see no need for, I found so many things I never knew I needed. I think in the future we'll have to limit our trips to costco though :)

A quick question to the moms of the world (or of my blog-audience) - how long does 900 wipes last? its gotta be awhile...2 months???? that might be wishful thinking, I don't remember how many you use each diaper change. And 256 diapers - to last one month that's 8.5 diaper changes a day, that'll work right? Please tell me you don't change the diaper more than 8 times. (and if you do - please don't tell me. just let me figure it out)

That about sums up the weekend. Working every weekend puts a damper on fun-weekend news, that's for sure. This coming weekend we have Kaila's birthday, Rick's going away party, and I do need to work some more...so hopefully this week I can get some rest in the evenings!

Speaking of work - better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment