Oct 23, 2009

Whoops, There's a Bump There

Happy Friday! My day is flying by, which is shocking seeing as I've had no motivation to work and generally on days when I don't work (either due to lack of motivation or lack of work to be done) time seems to pass slower. I do actually have something I need to get done today - I just don't wanna :)

I went to Panera Bread for lunch today. I went by myself - just wanted out of the office really, its a beautiful day - and sometimes solitude is better than anything else. As I got out of my trailblazer I closed the door and started to walk towards the front doors when BAM, out of nowhere the mirror on the car next to me slammed into me. How rude is that? I didn't really think anything, just kept walking, and continued on inside to order my meal and find a table. When I sat down I put my coat behind my chair, hung my purse on it, and began to sit in the seat. As I did so, I think someone must have bumped into my table or something because suddenly I was unable to get into my chair; the table was now in my way. I slid the chair back a bit and sat down.

Suddenly I realized...that car mirror didn't really JUMP out at me did it? And since no one had walked by my table, that must mean no one moved that either. It occurred to me that this was the third day this week in which something has mysteriously moved itself to be in my way as I've walked. So, I'm beginning to think that maybe items aren't actually moving...maybe my perception of how much space I need is slowly growing more and more inaccurate as my belly is growing more and more...and more.

A girl I went to high school with is 2 months further along than I am and she posted a picture on facebook of her belly at 29 weeks. She labeled it "29 weeks, 44 inches and growing" I thought to myself, "whoa, 44 inches? she was such a small girl before! I don't want to be 44 inches!!!" I then decided, to make myself feel better and convince myself I won't be 44 inches 7 weeks from now, that I should measure around my belly. Boy did I NOT convince myself. 40 inches. WHAT?!? 5 months ago I bought a pair of blue jeans with a 31 waist. 40??? I'm guessing 7 weeks from now I'll surpass that measly 44 inch mark.

So while the scale still isn't tipping as quickly as the doctor would like, there is definite growth. Whether I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment