May 14, 2010

Sales People

During my lunch break on Tuesday I went to the mall to exchange the pj's that Candace sent me for mother's day. She had ordered pj's for one of her step-daughters and some for me, but she accidentally sent Nicole's to me and mine to Nicole. Problem is, Nicole and I aren't exactly the same size. If you haven't ever been to Soma Intimates, I definitely recommend it. I've never bought their pj's because I have trouble spending that much $ on pj's (or anything really, I'm not a big spender) but they are so comfortable! I was so excited to get a pair and couldn't wait to exchange them for a size that fit me.

I was irritated once I realized that they had been on promotion when Candace bought them, and the promotion was over, plus she used a coupon on top of the promotion. That wouldn't have irritated me, shopping sales is the way to go, except I would have had to pay more money to just exchange the pajamas for the EXACT same thing just in a different size. Makes no sense to me. If they did an even exchange, they'll still make the same profit on the pair I left them with as if the transaction had never taken place. Instead they made a profit on an even exchange, then will go make a bigger profit on the sale of the pair I returned. I ended up getting a different shirt that should have been cheaper but ended up being the same price...just irked me.

THEN the lady really made me mad. Ok, I wasn't REALLY mad, just irritated. I tried on a black and white dress that is advertised as being reversible. The name of the dress is actually "reversible....." Online they show pictures of a woman wearing the dress forwards and backwards, the only different being the way the straps appear. So I tried it on the "backwards" way and walked out of the fitting room. The saleswoman said "Oh that dress looks so cute on you, except you have it on backwards". She said it with such a demeaning attitude. I wanted to say "listen lady, first of all you need to learn your products because this dress was created to be worn two ways. Second of all, even if I had the tag sticking out of my throat because it WAS backwards, if I'm a paying customer you should be saying 'Oh what a creative way to wear that dress. It looks great!'. You're much more likely to make a sale that way"

I still love Soma, and am thrilled one finally opened in Denver so I don't have to wait until I go to Houston to get new bras/underwear. I just wish their sales worked differently and I wish the manager of the Denver location knew what she was trying to sell.

Another example of how much better the world would be if only I were in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment