May 26, 2010

Blog World

I probably should have written this post before I broadcasted my weight struggles on the world wide web. Silly me. I'm just curious just how big this blog world is...



I know of a lot of people who are avid blog readers, and I am sure there are thousands more out there who follow the blogs of people they've never met. Addie introduced me to one blog, the stretch marks blog, that she thought I'd be interested in and so far it is pretty fun to read. So if I'm reading the blog of some woman that lives somewhere that I don't even know of, how many other people are doing the same thing? And does my blog have the same sort of interested readers?



I don't see how it could - I don't find my own life that interesting that strangers would care to sit in daily (or every other day sometimes...) and read all about my crazy cat, my labor pains, and my whining about having to be at work. At one point I thought I had all of 4 people crazy enough to find my life that entertaining, but over the course of the past few months I've heard from other people who catch up on my mundane world via blogspot.com. So - it had me curious...if my friends are addicted to 5+ blogs belonging to people they don't know, and I know of people who read mine that I wouldn't have expected to, how many more followers do I have?



It was enough pressure to think I was offering a source of amusement and entertainment for 4 people to help them through their workdays. But to think there are countless others out there...makes me want to re-read my blogs before posting, re-consider some of the extremely boring things I talk about, and go out and find a unique new hobby so that I seem more exciting than I really am :)



But I don't like re-reading what I've written. I don't usually think long and hard about what I'm going to write for the day, with the exception of my "Feb 2, 2010" post. And to think that I actually have time to find a new hobby when I hardly have time to keep up the hobbies I already have is just silly. Plus, I hate to think I have more than 4 people out there who now know the progress and digressions of my weight over the last 7 years. While I do know of more than the original 4 readers, I'm going to pretend I don't just for my last post's sake. So, unless you wanna come out and tell me you enjoy reading my blog I'll just keep thinking there's a select few and that my blog-world is not nearly as large as that of Mrs. Stretch Marks blog. That's how close she and I are, I don't even know her first name!



Feel free to introduce me to other blogs you think I may enjoy, let me know that you enjoy mine, or tell me to step it up and start getting out of my lame same-old routine. Speaking of - I feel like I'm in boot camp with how regimented our days are. More on that next time...

3 comments:

  1. Just because you asked I will post a comment, which is something I would never ever do! I read your blog - no you should not attempt a new hobby you are good at this one. Anyone who can illicite laughter, head nods, tears and an overwhelming desire to reproduce from their readers should continue writing. Enjoy your words and if need be pretend that all of your cyber stalkers don't exsist. :0) love ya Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW I didn't know that I could post to your blog and suddenly I feel ridiculously liberated -- although I wish there was a spell check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of the original 4 readers, but I do appreciate the comments.

    Glad you don't think I need a new hobby...cause I really can't fit one in.

    ReplyDelete